Postdoc Researcher Sustainable supply chain optimisation
Our research team is embedded in VITO, an independent Flemish research organisation, with the overall vision of accelerating the transition to a more sustainable world. We create innovative technological solutions and actively share our knowledge with businesses and government bodies. As the MooV team, we believe that supply chain optimization is an essential component to make that possible. The team provides supply chain decision support as a service towards public and private clients, via research projects as well as commercial consultancy. To support this activity the team developed MooV, our proprietary linear programming optimization model. More on: https://moov.vito.be/en
Are you a creative and passionate researcher or engineer with an interest in sustainable supply chain optimization? Then you can contribute to local and global projects for public and private clients to provide supply chain decision support across many different business sectors.
You are part of the MooV-team and contribute to deliver excellence across our project portfolio;
- You maintain a direct communication with the project partners during the project lifetime
- You take the project partners on a journey from extracting their core questions, over gathering the required data and providing relevant scenarios for their supply chain to performing the analysis and delivering the final results.
- Your knowledge and input help determine the direction of the project
- You translate their supply chain optimization questions and requirements into mathematical logic by adapting, extending and applying MooV, our proprietary linear programming optimization model
- You test and validate the model’s results in dialogue with the partners
- You report the results in a (non-technical) decision support format
Interested? Check below if you match the profile that we are looking for this position.
You have an all-rounder profile;
- You have a PhD degree in a mathematical, scientific or engineering field with focus on operations research algorithms.
- You have expertise in linear programming using Python or using another programming language (e.g. R, MATLAB, …) with application in network and supply chain analysis. Having GIS expertise is an asset.
- You can empathise with the project partners and give support in defining their needs.
- You have strong and creative mathematical problem-solving capabilities.
- You can bring theoretical content and results to a client-friendly communication level
- You can organize your work over multiple projects, respecting deliverables and deadlines.
- You take responsibility and ownership for your projects.
- You can work autonomously supported by a team.
- You are fluent English, Dutch is an asset
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances, adjustable holiday package and flexible working hours and workplace.
- Freedom and flexibility in your job that enables you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Innovation is our core asset; therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The MooV team works activity-based: our activities define our workplace. In function of good teamwork, we have two connect days a week in Mol, where the MooV team is located. The other days you can work from home, in Mol or from a VITO satellite office (Antwerp-Berchem, Genk, Ghent, Ostend), depending on the needs of the activities and the team
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level