VITO is an independent research organisation in Flanders in the field of cleantech and sustainable development. With our expertise and experience in developing structured materials, we strive to make industrial production more efficient, productive and sustainable. For instance, we develop solutions to capture CO2 and convert it into renewable chemicals or e-fuels, processes to extract rare metals from waste streams and innovative materials for future generations of lightweight batteries. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a colleague with a strong chemical background.
- You will be part of an enthusiastic research team of more than 35 people shaping the future of a carbon-neutral industry
- As a lab technician, you perform research tasks for nationally and internationally leading research projects and state-of-the-art innovation projects with industrial companies
- You will be responsible for shaping 3D structured materials, material characterization, data evaluation and reporting
- You have the technical skills that enable you to master and maintain various advanced shaping and coating technologies
- You evaluate the research results obtained; in case of problems, you take action to find and implement a suitable solution in consultation with colleagues
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Chemistry
- You have a good technical background, experience in general inorganic chemistry, preparation of suspensions and paste formulations, microspheres, 3D printing and/or powder processing and experience in a research environment are pluses
- You are motivated to accurately set up set-ups and processes and you like variation and you work result- and solution-oriented
- You are hands-on and, in addition, working in a lab environment appeals to you.
- You are a team player who can easily work independently.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits such as internet, insurance and a flexible holiday package (legal leave + extra compensation days for a 40-hour week)
- A team of motivated colleagues, experts in their field, who will guide and support you where necessary and help you build up your own expertise
- Interesting research projects in which you will collaborate with partners from industry and academia on tomorrow's innovative solutions
- Creativity, teamwork and a strong focus on innovation are our trump cards! It therefore goes without saying that we offer our employees the opportunity to follow additional training courses to stay up-to-date in their field of expertise and further personal development
- You will be part of an organisation with an international reputation for leading sustainable technological research