EnergyVille (Genk), Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumBusiness Development & Sales
Commercial role at research campus to accelerate our energy transition?
The Smart Energy and Built Environment" team of VITO/EnergyVille facilitates the energy transition in the built environment with a specific focus on long term energy scenario's, energy solutions at the building and district level. In this position you will coordinate business development activities for services and products related to energy analysis for our cities and businesses, with focus on local, regional and national authorities and innovation agencies.
Some of your tasks:
- As a Business Developer, you will form part of the commercial team within the unit.
- You will be responsible for the acquisition of major national collaboration agreements and contracts within the broad field of energy and sustainable urban development.
- You will be responsible for the submission of large and complex tender dossiers with a variety of national partners for organisations including national funding agencies (such as the Flemish and federal government as well as local governments, VLAIO pathways, ….).
- To achieve this, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, administrative assistants and your commercial colleagues.
- You will position VITO’s research activities within external bilateral and multi-lateral contacts and will have the ability to foster the enthusiasm of government bodies, national organisations, research centres and companies.
- You will actively expand the contract portfolio, including by means of networking (attending forums and events), prospecting (visiting potential clients and partners), maintaining your contacts and monitoring market developments.
- Your working hours will be spent as follows: approximately 30% of your time will be spent on client contacts and networking, approximately 40% on putting together tender files and approximately 30% on internal consultation and exchanging information.
- You will define and initiate commercial strategies and coordinate market campaigns not only to research the market, but to shape it as well.
- Using your market knowledge, you will reinforce the product and market strategy of the research teams.
- In consultation with your colleagues, you will ensure that the commercial process within the unit takes place in a smooth and efficient manner.
- You will report directly to the Unit Manager.
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (engineering, applied sciences, economic, financial, international business, ...)
- You have experience in the field of innovation projects in the field of energy and/or built environment sector from private or public sector.
- Experience in project acquisition/sales is an asset.
- You possess an extensive network of relevance to the further expansion of the portfolio.
- You are fascinated by the processes that form part of the transition towards sustainable urban development and a sustainable energy system.
- You have an insight into the role of the key industrial players and policy-makers in the Flemish ecosystem.
- A highly effective communicator, you possess both the verbal and written skills that will enable you to present and report upon our research and on the range of services we provide.
- You are a skilled project manager with the ability to ensure that dossiers are completed effectively, able to coordinate public tendering proposals.
- You are motivated, will have an entrepreneurial approach and will have the ability to enthuse others. Your approach is to present yourself as a partner/adviser; you possess well-developed empathetic skills, have the ability to capture the key requirements underlying issues and seek to identify achievable and innovative solutions.
- An excellent command of Dutch and English is essential. French is a bonus.
- You are resident in Belgium. You will be required to be present at our office in Genk for 1 to 2 days per week.
- A competitive salary
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances and an adjustable holiday package
- Flexible working hours and workplace
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level