Business Developer Remote Sensing
Mol, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumBusiness Development & Sales
VITO develops technology to facilitate the transition to a more sustainable society and economy. One of the key technologies applied in this context is Remote Sensing. With the increasing number of satellites, drones, processing facilities and technologies like artificial intelligence, the opportunities with remote sensing are larger than ever.
Meanwhile the Remote Sensing team of VITO counts more than 100 motivated scientists, IT engineers and project managers. To facilitate the growth of our ambitions we are looking for an extra colleague, more specifically a Business Developer with focus on the institutional market.
- You will be full time employed as Business Developer in VITO’s Remote Sensing team. This means that you will scout opportunities in the institutional market. The main clients will be European Institutes like the European Commission, EC’s Joint Research Institute, the European Space Agency, the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, the European Environment Agency, etc. While the focus will be on these European clients, also international Clients like the United Nations might be targeted.
- You will scout interesting opportunities that fit our strategy and goals and manage the entire bid process.
- You don’t have to be an expert in remote sensing, GIS or data science. But a sound understanding of these domains and knowledge of the ecosystem in which we operate is a strong asset.
- Outside VITO you will communicate frequently with clients and partners. Hence, excellent writing and presenting skills are key.
- You hold a Master or PhD degree related to bioscience engineering, civil engineering, or environmental sciences;
- You have proven knowledge and expertise in the management of large tenders, involving many partners. Experience in all core bid duties like consortium building, financial negotiation, strategy development, and coordination of the writing;
- Knowledge of the European funding landscape is key;
- A project management certificate is an asset but not a strict requirement;
- You have strong customer focus and you are a born negotiator;
- You have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way;
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- We work 'activity-based', our activities bring us to our location. Our headquarter is in Mol. Hybrid / Part-time working from home or a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Ghent or Ostend is possible.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits, including allowances, insurance and a modular package of holidays.
- Innovation is our asset, so it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to take additional training courses and stay up-to-date in their field. You will always have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and discover new technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its cutting-edge technological research and scientific consultancy.
- With us, you will contribute directly to sustainable developments at local, national and global level through your innovative applications. You provide answers to contemporary societal challenges.
- Moreover, we highly value a good work-life balance at VITO! This is achieved by adopting a flexible attitude depending on your specific needs.
Are you the experienced, highly motivated candidate we are looking for? Don't hesitate and apply now!