Young potential - Engineer EV Smart Charging for start-up
Mol, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumICT & Data Science
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can build both your career and a sustainable world? Read on and grab your chance at Charge42!
VITO, an independent Flemish research organization, is looking for a dynamic engineer for its new spin-off Charge42. Charge42 offers Smart Charging Software for businesses and facility managers, drastically lowering the cost of charging the electrical fleet. It is expected that the number of charging stations in companies and parking lots will exponentially grow the following years. Their historical connection capacity is seldomly sufficient to charge the many upcoming electrical company & private vehicles. At the same time, many more solar energy systems and batteries will be installed, and to make optimal use of those installations, a smart charging algorithm is necessary. Charge42 will provide a B2B SaaS - solution which drastically improves the performance and the use of the equipment.
As a smart charging engineer, you are the first to help our new and existing customers with the use of our application. You are responsible for the onboarding of new customers of our smart charging B2B solution. You help existing customers with their questions and capture their customer feedback.
This role is the unique opportunity for an ambitious and driven young potential who wants to launch his career in a start-up with great ambition in the energy transition. After a period of 1 year you will have the opportunity to grow into a commercial position, a product management role or another challenging position., in line with the growth of our company.
- As support engineer, you are responsible to keep our software operational and you monitor the performance and uptime of our product.
- You help with the onboarding of new customers via the set up and configuration of our solution, and you provide training to the users.
- You are first in line to help customers when they are experiencing issues.
- You help the development team by testing the solution and report the results.
- You provide customer feedback to the development team.
- You will receive an in-depth, on the job training to learn the solution.
- Together with our partners, you will help in the development of new functionalities for the Smart Charging Application.
- You hold a degree in electrical, energy or mechanical engineering or have extensive experience in IT support functions.
- You have affinity with software installation and testing.
- Knowledge of the electricity value chain and electrical systems is a strong advantage.
- You feel comfortable interacting with customers.
- You like to play and win as a team.
- You work in a structured way and autonomously.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Strong knowledge of French or Dutch is a plus.
- You are interested to take up more responsibility as our company grows.
- The opportunity to be part of a promising business at the start of the all electrical era.
- A competitive salary with an (electrical) vehicle after a trial period.
- Direct and day-to-day contact with our customers.
- A place where we work together, as a team, towards a high end and reliable SaaS solution.
- The possibility to help organize, and even take the lead in how we support our customers at Charge42
- Besides team spirit, we love efficiency. That is why on average, we divide our work time 50-50 between work and home.
- The chance to innovate daily in a fast-evolving sector with great importance for society.
The company will be located in the center of Brussels in a very dynamic and diverse start-up environment. You will initially work for VITO N.V. and will start working for the spin off as soon as it is operational.