EnergyVille (Genk), Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumICT & Data Science
The District Energy Modeling team within VITO/EnergyVille develops models, algorithms and software for planning, monitoring and controlling energy consumption and production at building and district level. For our District Energy Modeling team we're looking for you as motivated and experienced Software Developer.
Together with a team of colleagues you will be responsible for the further development, management and client deployment of the algorithms and software (cloud/API based). Your customers are energy consultants, energy service providers, banks, energy suppliers, contractors/installers.
You take the lead internally for improving the IT architecture of our solutions. You consult with the energy researchers involved, other data scientists, IT professionals, and with the project team on the side of our partners and customers. While doing this, you always aim for a customer-centric and qualitative service.
- Design and architect software components.
- Convert research pseudo-code and scripts into testable products (either as packages or as web APIs).
- Investigate performance improvements and parallelization.
- Write tooling to monitor and debug existing software.
- Manage software release and shipping through CI/CD pipelines.
- You hold a Master's degree in a relevant field (industrial engineer or civil engineer computer science).
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong software development background (design patterns, OOD, CI/CD, multithreading, asynchronous programming, ...)
- Experience with REST APIs (Flask, FastAPI)
- Knowledge about databases (postgreSQL) and containerized environments (docker, kubernetes,...)
- Ability to write clean and testable code, and experience with testing frameworks (pytest) and CICD (Jenkins)
- Interest/affinity with scientific research (energy, data science) is an added value.
Are you constantly looking for improvement opportunities for the design of databases, algorithms, IT architecture? Are you ready for a new challenge on the intersection between IT and research? Take your chance!
- You have real impact as you look for innovative solutions for today's challenges.
- You are supported by helpful colleagues that are eager to share their expertise in the field.
- You will be part of an organization where we show integrity and always strive for mutual benefit in close cooperation with all parties involved.
- VITO/EnergyVille is an international organisation: 40 different nationalities work with us.
- We work ‘activity based’: our activities determine our workplace. On average we meet 2 times a week in our office in Genk. For the other days you can work hybrid / part-time from home or work at one of our satellite offices (for example Antwerpen-Berchem) depending on the needs of the activity.
- You will learn life-long and develop your skills further by using the newest of the latest technologies that you can test on the market yourself.
- We consider work-life balance to be of paramount importance at VITO. We are open to discuss your needs at any time and we have a flexible approach to finding solutions.