Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can build both your career and a sustainable world? Read on and grab your chance at Charge 42!
As an engineer, you are the first in line to help our new and existing customers with the use of our application. You are responsible for the onboarding and configuration of new customers in a smart charging B2B solution. You combine this role with the role of test engineer for the solution.
This role is the unique opportunity for an ambitious and driven young potential who wants to launch his career. After a period of 1 to 2 years you will have the opportunity to grow into a commercial position, a product management role or another challenging position.
VITO, an independent Flemish research organization, is looking for a dynamic engineer for its new spin-off Charge42. Charge42 will commercialize the VITO smart charging technology, which optimizes the use of charging stations for electric vehicles. It is expected that the number of charging stations in companies and parking lots will exponentially grow the following years. Their historical connection capacity is seldomly sufficient to charge the many upcoming electrical company & private vehicles. At the same time, cheaper solar energy systems and batteries will be installed, and to make optimal use of those installations, a smart charging algorithm is necessary.
Charge42 will provide a B2B SaaS - solution which drastically improves the performance and the use of the equipment.
The company will be located in the area between Brussels and Ghent.
• As an engineer, you are responsible for the operational support for our solution, and you monitor the performance and uptime of our product.
• You help with the onboarding of new customers via the set up and configuration of our solution, and you provide training to the users.
• You are first in line to help customers when they are experiencing issues.
• You help the development team by testing the solution and report the results.
• You provide customer feedback to the development team.
• You will receive an in-depth, on the job training to learn the solution.
• You hold a degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or have extensive experience in IT support functions.
• You have experience in software installation and testing.
• You like to interact with customers.
• You like to play and win as a team.
• You work in a structured way and autonomously.
• Knowledge of electrical systems is an advantage.
• Proficiency in English is required.
• Strong knowledge of French or Dutch is a plus.
• The opportunity to be part of a promising business at the start of the all electrical era.
• A competitive salary with an (electrical) vehicle after a trial period.
• Direct and day-to-day contact with our customers.
• A place where we work together, as a team, towards a high end and reliable SaaS solution.
• The possibility to help organize, and even take the lead in how we support our customers at Charge42
• Besides team spirit, we love efficiency. That is why on average, we divide our work time 50-50 between work and home.
• The chance to innovate daily in a fast-evolving sector with great importance for society.
You will initially work for VITO N.V. and will start working for the spin off as soon as it is operational.