Researcher and Project Manager Electrochemistry
As a Flemish, internationally recognized research centre, VITO aims to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. Optimization of industrial processes, a shift to alternative resources, improved functionality, less waste, lower costs and increased efficiencies: these are the challenges industry and society are facing nowadays.
The Electrochemical Excellence Centre at VITO develops electroconversion processes for the electrification of the industry, utilizing green electricity to produce chemical building blocks and e-fuels. The focus of the team is to invent new pathways and to bring these innovations to the market. To strengthen our team and accelerate the energy transition, we are looking for a motivated colleague with experience in project management and a strong affinity for industrial R&D.
Job description for this equal opportunity position:
- You will be managing a material and process development projects along our main program lines
- CO2 electroreduction: carbon capture and electrochemical carbon re-use
- Water electrolysis: hydrogen generation through water splitting
- Catalyst and processes for advanced electrosynthesis
- You will analyze and synthesize results from various sources in order to set achievable targets for a desirable outcome
- You actively take part/lead national and European research projects, as well as commercial contract research with Vito customers.
- You publish research results in international, peer-reviewed journals in collaboration with PhD students and you present your research results in international forums.
- You take a lead role in defining and writing project proposals, funding requests and progress reports
- You will work in an international team and context
- PhD in physics, chemistry or materials science and engineering
- Experience in funded project acquisition, execution or management
- Generalist, preferably trained in (electro)catalysis, (electro)chemistry, physics or materials science and engineering with a solid multidisciplinary base
- Keen interest in introducing new technologies
- Good people skills
- Creative and hands-on team player
- Conscious to deliver high quality results in time
- Problem solver
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an asset
Contact person: Jan Vaes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you're tired of the frequent commute, you've come to the right place. We work 'activity based', our activities bring us to our location. Part-time work remote from home, our headquarter in Mol, or working from a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Genk, Ghent or Ostend is possible.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits including allowances, insurances, and a modular vacation package
- A team of nice colleagues, experts in their fields, who will guide, support and interact with you
- Interesting opportunities to interact with partners in industry and academia
- Innovation is our asset, so it goes without saying that we offer our employees the opportunity to follow additional training courses and stay up to date in their field of expertise
- You will be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy