R&D Structured Materials
Eager to contribute towards innovative solutions for a sustainable future? Come join our Coating and shaping technologies (CAST) team at VITO – an independent research organization in Flanders that specializes in cleantech and sustainable development. Our mission is to create a better, more sustainable future for all, and we need your help to do it!
As a material scientist, you will have the opportunity to strengthen our flexible technology platform on smart shaping and surface modification technologies. Your research will help make industrial production more efficient, productive, and sustainable for processes in a wide range of applications. Hierarchically structured materials are used as catalysts in chemical reactions and are indispensable in future energy storage devices or as advanced sorbents for the recovery of valuable elements from liquid process streams.
- As part of our enthusiastic and dynamic research team of over 30 talented individuals, you will be at the forefront of materializing concepts for the industry of the future
- You will have the unique opportunity to design structured materials by using cutting-edge 3D-printing or granulation technologies and tailor its characteristics. You will optimize the material architecture, and characterize its properties to the final application testing.
- You contribute to the acquisition and execution of (inter)national research projects and state-of-the-art innovation projects with industrial and/or academic partners
- You translate theoretical concepts into practical implementations, considering the economic feasibility of the research
- You timely and accurately execute and analyze experiments in collaboration with other team members
- You follow-up and report project tasks with periodic internal and external review meetings
- You identify and develop innovative ideas for IP generation, and publish your work in high-impact scientific publications
- You give presentations at (inter)national forums
- You contribute to a network of interesting partners
- You have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Material Sciences, Civil Engineering, Bioscience Engineering or related fields
- You have a strong basic knowledge of inorganic chemistry
- You have experience in material synthesis, surface modification, powder processing or design of structured materials
- Experience in an industrial R&D environment is an asset
- You take initiative and can work independently, while you keep on consulting and discussing with a team
- You are creative, results-driven and can meet quality output with stringent deadlines
- You are proficient in English, both written and orally, knowledge of Dutch is a plus
Are you driven to set up R&D projects in an international context? Are you strong in multitasking and planning? Then don't hesitate and apply!
- An attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits such as allowances, insurances and a modular holiday package.
- You work at our office in Mol and will have a great deal of freedom and flexibility in your job that enables you to achieve an attractive work-life balance.
- Innovation is our key asset, and we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date with developments in their specialist field. In fact, we expect this of them.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy.
- Together with 900 VITO colleagues, you will be part of making the difference in the systemic change that is required in order to achieve a sustainable society.