R&D Materials Recovery from Waste Streams
VITO is expanding its research programme 'Sustainable Materials Management'.
We focus on research aimed at upgrading low-value material flows to high-value products. In cooperation with industrial companies and other knowledge institutions, we develop applications in this field and bring them to the market.
Our focus is on processing inorganic flows such as ash and slag and end-of-life products containing valuable metals. Using innovative techniques, we recycle the valuable elements (e.g. metals) and materials (e.g. active battery materials) present and seek useful applications for the remaining matrix, such as sustainable building materials. (Near-)zero-waste processing and circularity are of paramount importance to us.
For this innovative and future-oriented research programme, we are looking for an experienced researcher to strengthen our team.
- You will be responsible for the recruitment, execution and coordination of scientific research projects.
- As a VITO expert in this research domain, you give presentations at (international) forums and you publish in scientific journals.
- You develop an (international) network of high-level partners and look for opportunities to set up concrete projects in the industry.
- In short, you contribute to the further growth of VITO into a recognised leader in this field at an international level.
- You hold a Master's degree in (Applied) Sciences (Chemistry, Bio-engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.). You preferably supplemented this with a doctorate.
- You have a broad chemical background. Specific expertise in the field of inorganic chemistry, (hydro-) metallurgy, mineral processing and recycling is an added value.
- You have research experience, preferably in an industrial/industrial R&D environment.
- You have strong communication skills and are able to work in (international) networks.
- You have a customer-oriented attitude and an eye for opportunities. Entrepreneurship and initiative are characteristics that characterise you.
- You have good project management skills and strong organisational skills.
- You are a flexible team player who can also work independently.
- A competitive salary
- Various extra-legal benefits including allowances, insurances and modular holiday package
- Flexibility in working hours and workplace
- Innovation is our trump card, we give our employees the opportunity to educate themselves and keep up to date within their field of expertise, moreover, we expect this
- The opportunity to be part of an internationally important player, known for its pioneering technological research and scientific consultancy
- The chance to actively contribute to local, national and global sustainable developments