R&D Energy in Buildings
EnergyVille (https://www.energyville.be/) is a collaboration between Belgian research partners KU Leuven, VITO, imec and UHasselt in the field of renewable energy and intelligent energy systems. The "Built Environment" team of VITO/EnergyVille facilitates the transition in the built environment with a specific focus on energy solutions at the building and district level. In this position you will work on research projects related to energy performance of buildings and districts.
Some of your tasks:
- Together with colleagues you are responsible for advising companies and governments in the concretization and realization of their energy and climate goals.
- You conduct studies and co-develop algorithms, data-driven applications, models and tools for the evaluation of energy efficiency and renewable energy generation at building and district level.
- You contribute to the development of the product and project portfolio in this area.
- In this position, you also contribute to project acquisition and research proposal writing with the aim of securing future research funding.
- You will be responsible for collaboration in national and international consortia and build a network with relevant Belgian and international stakeholders and customers.
Interested to contribute? Read on!
- You hold a Master degree in a relevant field (structural/civil engineer, engineer-architect, industrial engineer, master energy).
- You have at least 2 years of proven work experience in the energy or construction sector.
- You have a good knowledge of HVAC systems and a basic knowledge of energy systems for buildings or districts e.g. PV, batteries. Knowledge of building physics aspects is an asset.
- You have affinity with scientific research.
- You have some experience in programming (Matlab, Python), in the development of mathematical models and statistical analysis (SPSS, R,...)
- You are proactive and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- You find the right balance between team collaboration and tackling tasks independently.
- You are communicative and can express yourself fluently in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of Dutch is an added value.
- If you're tired of the frequent commute, you've come to the right place. We work 'activity based', our activities bring us to our location. Our EnergyVille office is in Genk, here we meet at least once a week. Part-time work from home, our headquarter in Mol, or working from a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Ghent or Ostend is possible.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits including allowances, insurances, and a modular vacation package.
- Innovation is our asset, so it goes without saying that we offer our employees the opportunity to follow additional training courses and stay up to date in their field of expertise. You always get the opportunity to broaden your knowledge on for example energy monitoring.
- You will be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy.
- With us, you will contribute directly to sustainable developments at local, national, and global level through your innovative applications. You provide an answer to today’s societal challenges.
- Moreover, at VITO we attach great importance to work-life balance. We do this by being flexible, depending on your specific needs.