Project Manager Copernicus
Mol, Vlaams Gewest, BelgiumR&D & Engineering
The Environmental Intelligence unit of VITO processes petabytes of Earth Observation data. We specialize in the extraction of information from the vast amounts of incoming images. Information required by our customers worldwide. Our extensive group of customers can be found within the domains of land use, civil infrastructure, agriculture, forestry, water management and ecological development.
To expand our team, we’re looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Project Manager:
- You will manage international projects with the European agencies such as JRC, EEA and ESA as most important stakeholders.
- You are the driver in an ecosystem of Earth Observation data, workflows and platforms and ensure project execution from proposal to final review meeting. You work within a team of researchers, IT architects and software engineers. Together with the team you translate the project requirements in an efficient and operational service. You scan the market for opportunities to contribute to and to execute the internal vision and roadmap on Copernicus services.
- You'll become part of a talented, dedicated team working in a fast-paced, challenging international environment. We thrive to develop added value products on cutting edge technologies that will be used by a broad public, industry, the public sector and universities and to make an impact on the world with expert knowledge.
- Project management in its broad context: You are responsible for tasks, deliverables, risk assessment and mitigation, project administration, documentation within time and within budget. This in close cooperation with international partner companies and institutions.
- Reporting towards management and stakeholders and you can represent your project portfolio on international, mostly scientific events.
- Translation of project opportunities to actual proposals and you plan necessary resources including subcontractors.
- You keep track of a strong user-oriented approach and you coach the team by setting project strategy and keeping the team aligned to the goal and vision.
- You ensure continuous improvement in the project and IT development processes.
- Staying on the leading edge of the evolving remote sensing and IT world.
- You have a Master or PhD degree in science, engineering or ICT.
- You have experience with Earth Observation data, more specifically Copernicus data is a huge asset.
- You have proven knowledge and expertise of at least 3 years in project and bid management in an international context. Experience in all core Project Management duties through project start up, design, procurement, execution, and handover stages.
- You have proven knowledge and expertise in effective Project Management techniques.
- You have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way. You are a born problem solver with a strong customer focus and you have a cool-headed attitude.
- You have excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of agile development processes and a DevOps mentality.
- You have a certification in PM², PRINCE2 or PMBOK.
- Experience in geospatial data analysis, GIS or algorithm development.
- We work 'activity-based', our activities bring us to our location. Our headquarter is in Mol. Hybrid / Part-time working from home or a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem,Ghent, Ostend, Genk is possible.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits, including allowances, insurance, and a modular package of holidays.
- Innovation is our asset, so it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to take additional training courses and stay up-to-date in their field. You will always have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and discover new technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its cutting-edge technological research and scientific consultancy.
- With us, you will contribute directly to sustainable developments at local, national and global level through your innovative applications. You provide answers to contemporary societal challenges.
- Moreover, we highly value a good work-life balance at VITO! This is achieved by adopting a flexible attitude depending on your specific needs.