Post-doc liquid phase synthesis and characterization of peptides and oligonucleotides
As a Flemish, internationally recognized research centre, VITO aims to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. The MESCH team at VITO develops industrially viable membrane processes for the intensification of chemical processes in industry.
In a new trajectory, we study the use of membrane technology in an emerging field of peptide and nucleotide synthesis, where conversion steps and separation are integrated to yield maximal benefits in terms of costs, raw materials & energy use and overall sustainability.
Our approach allows pharmaceutical companies to de-risk their developments by demonstration of relevant and economically viable membrane-based separation processes.
To strengthen our team of researchers and technicians (now about 20 people) we are looking for a new colleague for the execution of projects on peptide and nucleotide synthesis.
For this we opened a post-doc position for a 1-year contract, potentially extendable to 3 years.
This is our plan for you:
- Together with our team of experts, you will support the execution and follow-up of dedicated projects on peptide and nucleotide synthesis integrated with a membrane separation step.
- Based on the basic workplans, you will plan, execute, supervise and coordinate conversion and separation tests, by designing experiments, execute these and do the analysis of the various test results. Reporting of the results is a part of the job as well.
To be suitable for this job, we think you will need:
- a PhD in organic chemistry or in chemical oriented engineering
- a track record of applied knowledge on peptides and/or nucleotides synthesis and characterization.
- ideally, an applied knowledge of membrane separation processes of liquid streams.
- enthusiasm about both experimental lab work as well about processing of data and reporting
- team player skills
- a strong interest in cooperation with other partners (industry, SME’s, institutes, universities)
- a good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- We work 'activity based', our activities bring us to our location. Part-time work remote from home, our headquarter in Mol.
- A competitive salary package
- A team of nice colleagues, experts in their fields, who will guide, support and interact with you
- A front-row seat to witness the development of technical solutions for a sustainable world
- Access to state-of-art equipment for membrane processes
- Interesting opportunities to interact with partners in industry and academia
- You will be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy