Postdoc Electrochemical Process Engineering
Optimization of industrial processes, a shift to alternative resources, improved functionality, less waste, lower costs and increased efficiencies: these are the challenges industry and society are facing nowadays.
The Elec team of VITO, part of the business unit separation and conversion technologies, focuses on electro-synthesis; utilizing green electricity to produce chemical building blocks and e-fuels. The focus of the team is to invent new pathways and to bring these innovations to the market.
To accelerate these electrochemical innovations, we are hiring several postdocs for electrochemical research and development. More information about VITO and our research topics is available on www.vito.be
Job description for this equal opportunity position:
- You will be dedicatedly working on process development and upscaling in our green hydrogen program line
- You will work inadvertently towards the project goals, co-defining meaningful experiments, critically assessing the results.
- You will perform lab work in the Energyville labs (Genk) & VITO (Mol) by designing correct experiments, analyze data and develop new scientific hypotheses to test.
- You will work in an international team and context
- Master with first research experience or PhD in chemical process engineering, electromechanical engineering or material science engineering
- Trained in (electro)chemistry, and even more importantly a solid multidisciplinary base
- Experience in problem analysis and solution design
- Keen interest in experimental set-ups
- Good understanding of interphase phenomena
- Creative and hands-on team player with eye for detail
- Conscious to deliver high quality results in time
- Problem solver
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an asset
Contact person: Jan Vaes: firstname.lastname@example.org