Postdoc Development of Membrane Based Separation Processes for Liquid Streams
The MESCH team at VITO develops industrially viable membrane processes for the intensification of chemical processes in industry.
Our approach allows companies to de-risk their developments by demonstration of relevant and economically viable membrane-based separation processes.
Membranes and membrane processes are of great value in the transition towards a more sustainable chemical industry, because of their broad application area, their low energy consumption, and their usefulness in continuous chemical processes at every scale.
To strengthen our team of researchers and technicians (now about 25 people) we are looking for a new colleague for the execution of projects on membrane based liquid separations.
For this we opened a post-doc position for a 1+2-year contract.
This is our plan for you:
- Together with our team, you will support the execution and follow-up of projects on membrane-based separation processes for the chemical industry.
- Based on the basic workplans, you will plan, execute, supervise and coordinate membrane tests, by designing experiments, execute these together with our technicians and do the analysis of the various test results. Reporting of the results to customers or partners is a part of the job as well.
To be suitable for this job, we think you will need:
- a PhD in organic chemistry or in chemical oriented engineering
- ideally, an applied knowledge of membrane separation processes of liquid streams.
- enthusiasm about both experimental lab work as well about processing of data and reporting
- team player skills
- a strong interest in cooperation with other partners (industry, SME’s, institutes, universities)
- a good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
Apart from the job content we offer you:
- A team of nice colleagues, experts in their fields, who will guide, support and interact with you
- A front-row seat to witness the development of technical solutions for a sustainable world
- Access to state-of-art equipment for membrane processes
- Interesting opportunities to interact with partners in industry and academia
- A competitive salary package