IP Valorisation Manager
Mol, BelgiumBusiness Development & Sales
VITO is an independent Flemish research organisation in the area of cleantech and sustainable development. Our goal? To accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We do this by conducting innovating applied research into the fields of renewable energy, circular materials, bio-based chemistry, personalized health and monitoring of our living environment.
As a member of the central Tech Transfer Team you make sure that technology being developed at VITO, will eventually be used in the market. We do this by both realizing spin-offs as by transferring our technology into existing companies.
You work closely with the research units, where our Intellectual Property (IP) is created, and with the IP-management, responsible for filing and maintaining patents. Your focus is to license and sell patents to industrial clients:
- Within VITO you identify strong technologies and related IP (patents and know-how)
- Together with the concerned researchers, business developers, (IP-) management and others involved, you set up a strategy to commercialize this IP.
- You search for potential license holders and give your support when following other valorisation routes.
- You negotiate license-deals.
- You contribute in the overall IP-strategy.
- You work closely together with other services within VITO such as the legal department, the IP-management and your colleagues of the Tech Transfer Team.
- You have experience in (commercializing) patents.
- You are technical savvy as to understand new technologies and to see the valorisation potential in a certain technology.
- You are commercially equipped; you easily make new contacts and know how to build relationships. You understand your clients needs and create win-win deals.
- You can translate a deal into a concept of contract: you have a sharp eye for detail and make sure that the contract defines the business deal clearly and correct.
- You enjoy working with colleagues from different fields and adapt your style and way of working to the situation at hand.
- You are fluent in English, both written as oral, fluency in Dutch is a plus.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits, including allowances, insurance and a modular package of vacation days.
- We work activity based; our activities lead us to our location. Our Tech Transfer Team is located in Mol. Hybrid / Part-time working from home and/or a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Ghent, Ostend or Genk is possible.
- A great deal of freedom and flexibility in your job, allowing you to achieve an attractive work-life balance.
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise.
- The chance to be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy.
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level.