Data Scientist - Supply chain optimization
VITO is an independent Flemish research organisation in the area of cleantech and sustainable development.At VITO, our aim is a society where sustainability is the norm. We are working on global projects to promote the transition to sustainability. We create innovative technological solutions and actively share our knowledge with businesses and government bodies.
You will be member of a team that focuses on supply chain optimization. The team provides supply chain decision support as a service towards public and private clients, via research projects as well as commercial consultancy. To support this activity the team developed MooV, our proprietary linear programming optimization model. More on: https://moov.vito.be/en
As data scientist you will extend, improve and apply MooV in close collaboration with our fellow senior developer.
- You translate client supply chain optimization requirements into mathematical logic.
- You program this logic into the MooV model tailoring it to meet the client’s requirements.
- You test and validate the model’s results in relation to the client’s requirements.
- You report the results in a (non-technical) decision support format.
Our team is embedded in VITO with the vision to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable world. As a MooV team we believe supply chain optimization is an essential part to make that happen. Interested? Check below if you match the profile that we are looking for this position.
- You have a Master degree in a mathematical, scientific (chemie/ fysica) or engineering field with focus on operations research algorithms. A PhD in this, or in another quantitative field, is preferred.
- You have expertise in linear programming using Python or using another programming language (e.g. R, MATLAB, …). Preferably in network and supply chain analysis. Having GIS expertise is an asset.
- You have knowledge of related mathematical optimization techniques and heuristics.
- You have strong and creative mathematical problem-solving capabilities.
- You can bring theoretical content and results to a client-friendly communication level
- You can work autonomously supported by a team.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- A temporary contract with duration of up to 2 years with a possibility for prolongation.
- A range of benefits including allowances, insurances, adjustable holiday package and flexible working hours and workplace.
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise.
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy.
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level.