Mol, BelgiumLab & Technicians
The VITO-GOAL laboratory specializes in organic and inorganic analysis. Every year, it processes over 150 projects. The laboratory rarely carries out standard measurements. Most of its work is “made-to-measure”; especially made to fit the client’s demands. Clients often approach the laboratory with a specific problem or question, rather than wanting to know which analysis they would need. Our analytical team proposes a plan of approach, and it helps provide solutions. The laboratory has a wide range of technology at its disposal; from simple to highly sophisticated equipment. Our customers are players in various industries: chemistry, food, pharmaceutics. Any complex question can be answered by the VITO-GOAL laboratory.
Would you like to contribute to this team? We are looking for a motivated Analyst Chromatography to strengthen our organic analysis competence team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You are involved in the realization of various analysis tasks within the organic team. Together with the project leader, you think about the approach of the analysis and you make an estimate of the efforts to be made (time & resources);
- The focus is on analysis using GC and LC chromatographic techniques;
- You are responsible for the entire analysis process: sample preparation, development and validation of the most suitable measuring method, performing of measurements, quality control, interpreting the raw data obtained and the associated data processing and reporting;
- You make sure that the analysis are performed within the given deadlines and within the available budgets. You communicate independently and on time about the progress of the work and about any unforeseen circumstances for which you work out a plan of action into a solution. You will be part of a self-steering team in which you perform these tasks in collaboration with other team members. You report to the project leader;
- You will actively contribute to the development process of new methods and to the improvement of applications already existing;
- You will join a fascinating environment in which no project is the same and that gives you the chance to strengthen yourself in different techniques.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry;
- By preference you have had a first experience with chromatographic techniques (LC and GC);
- A complex environment with new challenges appeals to you and gives you high energy;
- You are stress resistant, a multi-tasker and flexible with ad hoc assignments, which means that the planning often has to be changed;
- You take initiatives and you are a problem solver.
- You work independently taking into account however the team objectives and the team deadlines.
- You are a real team player for whom perfect communication skills are very important.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits, including allowances, insurance and a modular package of vacation days;
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise;
- The chance to be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy;
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level.