Analist anorganic analyses
The VITO-GOAL laboratory specializes in organic and inorganic analysis. Every year, it processes over 150 projects. The laboratory rarely carries out standard measurements. Most of its work is “made-to-measure”; especially made to fit the client’s demands. Clients often approach the laboratory with a specific problem or question, rather than wanting to know which analysis they would need. Our analytical team proposes a plan of approach and it helps provide solutions. Our laboratory has a wide range of technology at its disposal; from simple to highly sophisticated equipment. Our customers are players in various sustainable industries and organizations: chemistry, materials and health.
Would you like to contribute to this team and to VITO’s mission to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world ? We are looking for a motivated Research Analyst to strengthen our inorganic analysis competence team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You are involved in the realization of various analysis tasks within the inorganic analytical team. The focus is on wet chemistry testing (e.g. titrimetric, spectrometric, ion chromatography, total organic carbon, combustion techniques) and particle size separation and detection techniques (e.g. asymmetric field flow fractionation, capillary electrophoresis, UV-VIS, MALS)
- You use your technical judgement to determine the appropriate analytical approach for various sample matrices. Together with the project leader, you think about the approach of the analysis and you make an estimate of the efforts to be made;
- You are responsible for the entire analysis process and management of the workload: sample preparation, development and validation of the most suitable measuring method, conducting measurements, quality control, interpreting the raw data obtained and the associated data processing and reporting.
- You communicate independently and on time about the progress of the work and about any unforeseen circumstances for which you work out a plan of action into a solution. You will be part of a self-steering team in which you perform these tasks in collaboration with other team members. You report to the project leader.
- You will actively contribute to the development process of new methods, the improvement of existing applications and instrumental trouble shooting.
- You will write scientific reports to customers, including introduction, methods, results, discussion, and references.
- You will join a fascinating environment in which no project is the same and that gives you the chance to strengthen yourself in different techniques.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Chemistry or equal level by experience.
- By preference you have had a first experience with wet chemistry testing and/or particle size separation and detection techniques.
- A complex environment with new challenges appeals to you an gives you high energy.
- You are stress resistant, a multi-tasker and flexible with ad hoc assignments, which means that the planning often has to be changed. You take responsibility for carrying out all tasks according to agreements, and you provide feedback regularly and spontaneously.
- You take initiatives and you are a problem solver.
- You work independently taking into account however the team objectives and the team deadlines.
- You are a real team player for whom perfect communication skills are very important.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits, including allowances, insurance and a modular package of vacation days.
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise
- The chance to be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level