As Algorithm Engineer or Chief Technology Officer, you are responsible for the overall research and development of the company. You are an experienced Software Developer with a proven track record and ready help building a new spin off.
VITO, an independent Flemish research organization, is looking for an Algorithm Engineer - CTO (this role is open for a contractor or employee) for its new spin-off Charge42. Charge42 will commercialize the VITO smart charging technology, which optimizes the use of charging stations for electric cars. It is expected that the number of charging stations in companies or parking lots will exponentially grow the following years. Their historical connection capacity is seldomly sufficient to charge the many upcoming electrical company & private cars. At the same time, cheaper solar energy systems and batteries will be installed, and to make optimal use of those installations, a smart charging algorithm is necessary.
Charge42 will provide a B2B SAAS application which drastically improves the performance and the use of the equipment.
The company will be located in the west of Flemish Brabant.
• As Algorithm Engineer, you are responsible for the overall algorithm development of the company, and in particular for our optimization service
• You advise how business use cases can be served by our software and are responsible for the translation of business use cases into software feature requirements
• Based upon the commercial strategy, you will prioritize the software research
• You help our development team with the implementation of our algorithmic logic in an efficient and scalable IT Architecture
• You are interested to grow to Chief Technology Officer of the company.
• You have a master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, physics or a relevant similar education
• You have experience with algorithm development. Ideally, you have expertise of mathematical optimization techniques and its applications in process control (model predictive control, optimal control).
• Knowledge of electrical systems is a strong advantage.
• You are capable to implement your solutions. You have an affinity to scientific programming, modeling, and optimization techniques. Python experience is a plus.
• You have a general interest into the area of sustainability and specifically in the energy transition. You are willing to learn about the energy system and energy-specific challenges.
• You work agile and autonomously.
• Besides your technical know-how, you have strong people skills and can create a long-term plan for the developments of the company.
• You like to play and win as a team.
• Proficiency in English is required.
• The opportunity to be part of a promising business with a big potential impact at the start of the all electrical era.
• A place where we work together, as a team, towards a high end and reliable SaaS solution.
• A challenging job offering both freedom and serious responsibility for (s)he who is up to the task.
• A salary package in line with this responsibility, including participation in a scheme for employee shares.
• Besides team spirit, we love efficiency. That is why on average, we divide our work time 50-50 between work and home.
• The chance to innovate daily in a fast-evolving sector with great importance for society.
You will initially work for VITO N.V. and will start working for the spin off as soon as it is operational.