Lead Software Developer / CTO (contractor or employee)
Geen Nederlandstalige vacatures beschikbaar aangezien kennis van het Engels noodzakelijk is voor deze positie.
As the Lead Software Developer, you are the prime developer and responsible for the overall IT architecture of our software solution. You are an experienced Software Developer with a proven track record in commercial software development and ready to help build a new spin off.
VITO, an independent Flemish research organization, is looking for a lead software engineer for its new spin-off Charge42. Charge42 will commercialize the VITO smart charging technology, which optimizes the use of charging stations for electric vehicles. It is expected that the number of charging stations in companies or parking lots will exponentially grow the following years. Their historical connection capacity is seldomly sufficient to charge the many upcoming electrical company & private cars. At the same time, cheaper solar energy systems and batteries will be installed, and to make optimal use of those installations, a smart charging algorithm is necessary. Charge42 will provide a B2B SaaS solution which drastically improves the performance and the use of the equipment. The company will be located in the west of Flemish Brabant
- As Lead Software Developer, you are responsible for the operational deployment, overall performance and uptime of our product.
- You will work together with VITO to bring the software from a research environment to a robust commercial environment and architecture.
- You are involved in design, development and testing of the entire software solution.
- You are responsible for analysing end user and business requirements, adapting the application architecture & analysis workflows and developing improvements and new features to meet these requirements.
- You will organize the releases and version management and define and guard the development process.
- You will coach other members of the team.
- During start-up phase, you will co-develop together with your team members.
- You are interested to grow to Chief Technology Officer of the company.
- You hold a degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar and have a proven relevant experience in commercial software development and deployment.
- You are proficient in Python programming.
- You have working experience with object and timeseries databases, as well as software containerization.
- You use principles from object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of electrical systems is an advantage.
- You have experience with software modelling and software architecture.
- Knowledge of MQTT and OCPP is a plus.
- You work agile and autonomously.
- Besides your technical know-how, you have strong people skills and can create a long-term plan for the developments of the company.
- You like to play and win as a team.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- The opportunity to witness the birth of a promising business at the start of the all electrical era.
- A place where we work together, as a team, towards a high end and reliable SaaS solution.
- A challenging job offering both freedom and serious responsibility for (s)he who is up to the task.
- A salary package in line with this responsibility, including participation in a scheme for employee shares.
- Besides team spirit, we love efficiency. That is why on average, we divide our work time 50-50 between work and home.
- The chance to innovate daily in a fast-evolving sector with great importance for society.
You will initially work for VITO N.V. and will start working for the spin off as soon as it is operational.
for more info.