Full Stack React Developer
As a Flemish, internationally recognized research centre, VITO aims to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. VITO's Remote Sensing unit develops and operates innovative Earth observation systems that helps to get grip with the major societal and economic challenges facing our planet. From satellites to drones, from far in space to on Earth: working at Remote Sensing will ensure that you do groundbreaking work. Inspired? Then be sure to check out our blog VITO Remote Sensing.
Due to increasing demand for interactive visualisations and cross-platform integrations, we are looking for a Full Stack React Developer who can play an active role in the analysis and further development of new features of the online platform. In this, the world of remote sensing offers various challenges that call for creative solutions with a direct impact on a broad spectrum of end users.
- You are responsible for the technical design of existing VITO applications and new initiatives.
- You make analyses of different technical solutions and new requirements, and you develop these into user stories and corresponding technical specifications.
- You implement user stories and write automated tests.
- You analyse and solve reported bugs.
- You obtained a Master's degree with a clear focus on IT (applied IT, Industrial Sciences...) or you are equivalent through experience in a complex IT environment.
- You already have some experience in designing and developing React applications as well as NodeJS backend applications based on Express.
You have an excellent command of English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- The following technical qualifications are a plus: experience with cloud environments, CI/CD tools (Jenkins), testing tools (Cypress, JUnit, Jest), Docker, integration of payment gateways.
- You will join an agile, multidisciplinary team where business needs in IT and earth observation are constantly evolving. Your knowledge and analytical ability contribute to the creation of a top-notch product. Furthermore, you are a talent in self-organisation and are willing to broaden your technical knowledge by studying new relevant technologies.
- We work 'activity-based', our activities bring us to our location. Our headquarter is in Mol. Part-time working from home or a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Ghent or Ostend is possible.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits, including allowances, insurance and a modular package of holidays.
- Innovation is our asset, so it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to take additional training courses and stay up-to-date in their field. You will always have the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and discover new technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its cutting-edge technological research and scientific consultancy.
- With us, you will contribute directly to sustainable developments at local, national and global level through your innovative applications. You provide answers to contemporary societal challenges.
- Moreover, we highly value a good work-life balance at VITO! This is achieved by adopting a flexible attitude depending on your specific needs.