Electrochemical System Engineer
Geen Nederlandse vacaturetekst beschikbaar, aangezien kennis van het Engels noodzakelijk is voor deze positie.
As a Flemish, internationally recognized research centre, VITO aims to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. Optimization of industrial processes, a shift to alternative resources, improved functionality, less waste, lower costs and increased efficiencies: these are the challenges industry and society are facing nowadays.
The Electrochemical Excellence Centre at VITO develops electroconversion processes for the electrification of the industry, utilizing green electricity to produce chemical building blocks and e-fuels. The focus of the team is to invent new pathways and to bring these innovations to the market. To strengthen our team and accelerate the energy transition, we are looking for a motivated colleague with experience in electrochemical system design and a background in industrial processes.
Job description for this equal opportunity position:
- You will be the ‘solution architect’ driving the integration of novel developments of materials and components to design and build electrochemical reactors
- You are an all rounder with a solid engineering background in physics, material science and chemistry
- You make mass and energy-balances and set out the performance targets for the individual components based on techno-economic considerations
- You will work in an international team and context
- Masters degree in engineering physics, materials science and engineering or chemical process engineering
- You have post academic experience in a company
- Generalist with a solid multidisciplinary base, understanding electrochemical process windows
- Experience in electrochemical stack and process design is a strong plus
- Keen interest in introducing new technologies
- Good people skills
- Creative and hands-on team player
- Able to prioritize the tasks at hand
- Conscious to deliver high quality results in time
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an asset
Contact person: Jan Vaes: email@example.com
- If you're tired of the frequent commute, you've come to the right place. We work 'activity based', our activities bring us to our location. Part-time work remote from home, our headquarter in Mol, or working from a satellite office in Antwerp-Berchem, Genk, Ghent or Ostend is possible.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits including allowances, insurances, and a modular vacation package
- A team of nice colleagues, experts in their fields, who will guide, support and interact with you
- Interesting opportunities to frequently interact with both industrial and academic partners
- Innovation is our asset, so it goes without saying that we offer our employees the opportunity to follow additional training courses and stay up to date in their field of expertise
- You will be part of an organization with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy